Q: What is a typical Sunday School class like?
Our classes consist of prayer time, worship through song, Bible reading and lesson, coloring and/or activity pages, and activities and/or crafts to reinforce the Bible lesson.
Q: What curriculum do you use?
CalKids uses the Calvary Curriculum, which main purpose is to help lead your children into a personal relationship with God. Our desire is for the children to have a love for God’s Word and to teach them how to apply scripture into their daily lives.
- 3-yr-olds/ PreK / Kinder / 1st grade lessons are taken from the Calvary Little Ones Curriculum. Students are taught 52 core Bible stories form the Old and New Testaments.
- 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th grade lessons are taken from the Children’s Curriculum, which has 175 Bible lessons.
Q: Do Calkids teachers and volunteers undergo a background check?
Calkids Sunday School classes are staffed by approved volunteers who have received training and completed the background check and application process with us here at Calvary East Valley. If you would like to serve in Calkids, click here to fill out an application! The safety of your children is our top priority here in Calkids Ministry!
Q: Do you have safety standards in place for your classrooms?
Yes! The safety of your children is our top priority :
- All of our volunteers have received training and completed the background check and application process with us here at Calvary East Valley.
- Volunteers are scheduled in compliance with AZDHS standards of adult to child ratios.
- With the safety guidelines and volunteer requirements in mind, parents are not permitted to attend Sunday School Classes with their children.
If you have a special circumstance or, any questions regarding this policy, we would love to hear from you! Please email us at info@Calvaryeastvalley.org with any concerns
Q: Where can I nurse my child?
The Nursing mothers’ room is located just to the left of the Calkids Check in table in room 310
Q: Can my child bring snacks/drinks in class?
Children, 3yrs-old and above, can take water bottles in the classroom. Toddlers can have water, juice, or milk in a leak-proof container. Due to food allergies, we ask that you do not bring snacks into the classroom.
Q: How can I volunteer to help in my child’s classroom?
If you feel called to serve in Calkids Children’s Ministry as a teacher, volunteer or an aide, we would LOVE to have you! Please fill out an application here. We look forward to hearing from you !